Parents & Citizens Committee
The P&C acts as a separate entity uniting the needs of Staff and the wants of parents in our school community.
Parents, staff and local community members meet twice per school term to assist with providing the school with provisions and assistance not provided directly by the Government.
A parent representative from each class is encouraged to attend these short and informal meetings scheduled for weeks 3 and 8 during the term at convenient times.
Becoming part of our School Community allows all children to reap the benefits with previous P&C assistance going towards the following school improvements:
- 2018 – 2021 $10,000 for new classroom furniture each year!
- 2017 – Early Education (Kindy & Pre Primary) resources
- 2016 – New Library shelving
- 2016 – Individual class sporting equipment
- 2014-2016 – School iPads
- Annually – Incursions/Excursions and Year 6 Leaver’s week activities
Parents and Citizens Associations are directed under the Education Act toward two major aims –
- To promote the interests of the school by working to bring about a close cooperation between parents/carers, other citizens and teachers.
- The provision of facilities and amenities and other educational needs not provided directly by Government.
The school’s P&C are actively involved in the life of the school in many different ways.
Bring your $1 joining fee to your first meeting and discover how you
can assist your child’s learning within Gibbs Street Primary School!
Check the Events page or the Canteen Notice Board on grounds for our next scheduled meeting.
AGM and general meeting 15th February 2022 at 3pm!!
Our Fundraising Committee develops and hosts events and activities to help pay for projects and services that the school is unable to fund.
Fundraising opportunities include raffles, discos, free dress days, Mother’s/Father’s Day stalls, Colour Fun Run, and much more! There’s always an opportunity for you to participate!
Click on button below to contact the P&C Fundraising Committee for more information or to offer your products or services.
Gibbs Street PS prides itself on having an engaging school community. We wear our school uniforms within the school as well on excursions to promote ourselves.
Children are required to wear our school red top, school red jacket if required, black bottoms and the school bucket hat as part of their uniform in Kindy to Year 5. Year 6 students, as our school leaders, are invited to wear special “Leavers” uniforms that differentiate them from the rest of the school.
Located by the Canteen and open every Tuesday Morning 8.30am – 9.00am, our Uniform Shop is run by volunteers.
Orders can be placed using the online Qkr! App, in person and by completing your order form (below) at Reception along with your payment.
Payment options include bank transfer (please email us first!), Eftpos (surcharge) and Cash.
Sticky Fingers Canteen
Open Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 8.30am, our Canteen offers healthy meals and snacks for Recess & Lunch.
Order in person any of these days OR you can jump online right now and order using Qkr!.
- “Government Compulsory Traffic Light” System
- Gluten Free, Vegetarian & Halal Options
- Great Menu, Online Ordering & Friendly Staff
- If you have an hour to spare we’d love you to volunteer! Drop in for a chat to find out more
Contact the P&C Committee
We’d love to hear from you, please complete the form and
click on “Submit” and we will reply as soon as we can.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org